|Hours:||You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question. I will try to help you.|
|Dept:||Electrical Computer Eng.|
- East China Institute of Technology, B.S., 1983.
- Beijing Institute of Technology, M.S., 1986.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Ph.D., 1990.
Awards and Honors
- 2007 Chang Jiang Scholars Program Award, PRC Ministry of Education
- 2006 Marquis Who´s Who in American Education, 2006-2007 Edition
- 2006 Faculty Advisor of Best Poster Presentation, "Ad Hoc Networking and its security applications" by Raul Garcia, XVII Undergraduate Research Symposium, sponsored by NSF and Universidad Metropolitana, San Juan, Puerto Rico, September 15-16, 2006.
- 2006 Outstanding Contribution Award, WOCC (Wireless and Optical Communication Conference) Inc., Oct. 2006.
- 2005 Who’s Who in Science and Engineering (Marquis Who’s Who), 8th Edition
- 2005 Faculty Advisor of The Best Student Poster Award, The 13th Wireless and Optical Communication Conference, Newark, NJ, "Hybrid Networks: Cellular-Relay Architecture" by Zhigang Wang (doctoral student), April 22-23, 2005.
- 2005 Faculty Advisor of The Best Student Poster Award, 2005 CAST-GNY Annual Convention, New York City, "Optimal Tracking Interval for Predictive Tracking in Wireless Sensor Network " by Zhen Guo (doctoral student), June 18, 2005.
- 2005 Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Society of Systems, Man and Cybernetics.
- 2005 “Semiconductor Factory Automation” - Most Active Technical Committee Award, IEEE Society of Robotics and Automation.
- 2004 Outstanding Contribution Award, IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society
- 2004 Faculty advisor of The 1st Place of Doctoral Student Paper Competition, “Cluster Water and Bio-signal Networks,” by Jinggong Pan (Doctoral student), Annual Convention of Chinese Institute of Engineers-USA, Newark, NJ, September 2004.
- 2003 Outstanding Contribution Award, IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society
- 2003 IEEE Fellow for contributions to Petri nets and their applications
- 2002 Who´s Who in Engineering Education (WWEE), 2002 edition.
- 2002 Faculty advisor of the 1st Prize of Student Paper Presentation Contest sponsored by Chinese Institute of Engineers-USA/Greater New York Chapter, “Securing Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing Protocol,” by Congzhe Zhang (Doctoral student), August 2002.
- 2001 Asian American Achievement Award in the category of Professional and Academic Achivements, Asian American Heritage Council of New Jersey
- 2001 Faculty advisor of the 1st Prize of IEEE North Jersey Section Student Contest, "A systematic approach for disassembly line design," by Ying Tang (Doctoral student), 2001
- 2000 Leadership Award by Chinese Asscoiation of Science & Technology - USA
- 2000 Humboldt Research Award for US Senior Scientists, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany
- 2000 The Best Student Paper Award for the paper " Design of virtual production lines in back-end semiconductor manufacturing systems" by Tang, Y. (Student), M. C. Zhou (Faculty Advisor), and R. Qiu, Proc. 2000 IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Nashville, TN, pp. 1733-1738, Oct. 8-11, 2000.
- 2000 The Best Student Paper Award for the paper "A fuzzy logic-based lifecycle comparison of digital and film cameras" by B. Yang (Student), Y. Luo (Student), and M. C. Zhou (Faculty Advisor), 2000 IEEE International Symposium on Electronics and the Environment, San Francisco, CA, May 8-10, 2000.
- 2000 The Kayamori Best Paper Award Finalist, 2000 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, San Francisco, CA, IEEE Robotics and Automation Society.
- 2000 Who´s Who in Science and Engineering (Marquis Who´s Who), 5th Edition
- 1999 Franklin V. Taylor Best Paper Award Finalist, IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society
- 1998 National Science Foundation Alan T. Waterman Award Nominee
- 1997 Honorary Research Professor, Nanjing University of Science and Technology
- 1996 Harlan J. Perlis Award for Research by New Jersey Institute of Technology
- 1994 Outstanding Service Award by Chinese Asscoiation of Science & Technology - USA
- 1994 CIM University LEAD Award by Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- 1994 National Science Foundation Research Initiation Award
- 1993 & 1994 National Science Foundation Young Investigator Nominee
- 1991 Engineering Foundation Research Initiation Award
Dr. Zhou´s research interests focus on Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, Intelligent Automation, Petri Nets, Neural Network for tool wear measurement, Fuzzy Logic for process control, Computer Network and Interface, Discrete Event Control and Simulation, and Flat-Panel Display manufacturing.
- Hruz, B. and M. C. Zhou, Modeling and Control of Discrete Event Dynamic Systems, Springer, London, UK, August 2007
- M. C. Zhou and M. P. Fanti (Ed.), Deadlock Resolution in Computer-Integrated Systems, Marcel Dekker, January 2005
- H. Zhu and M. C. Zhou, Object-Oriented Programming in C++: A Project-based Approach, Tsinghua University Press, Nov. 2005
- Zhou, M. C. and K.Venkatesh, "Modeling, Simulation and Control of Flexible Manufacturing Systems: A Petri Net Approach" World Scientific, 1999.
- Zhou, M. C. (Ed.), " Petri Nets in Flexible and Agile Automation", Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, MA, 1995.
- Sodhi, R. (Ed.), M. C. Zhou and S. Das (Assistant Eds.), "Advances in Manufacturing Systems: Modeling, Design and Analysis" Elesevier Scientific Publishers: Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1994.
- Zhou, M. C. and F. DiCesare, "Petri Net Synthesis for Discrete Event Control of Manufacturing Systems", Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, MA, 1993.
- Dotoli, M., M. P. Fanti, C. Meloni, and M. C. Zhou, “Service Computing for Design and Reconfiguration of Integrated E-Supply Chain,” Enterprise Service Computing: From Concept to Deployment, Idea Group Publishing, R. Qiu (Ed.), Chap. XIII, pp. 322-354, 2006.
- Fanti, M. P. and M. C. Zhou, “Introduction to Deadlock Research in Computer-integrated Systems,” in Deadlock Resolution in Computer-Integrated Systems, M. C. Zhou and M. P. Fanti (Ed.), Marcel Dekker, 1-34, 2005
- Li, Z. and M. C. Zhou, “Elementary Siphons of Petri Nets for Efficient Deadlock Control,” in Deadlock Resolution in Computer-Integrated Systems, M. C. Zhou and M. P. Fanti (Ed.), Marcel Dekker, pp. 309-348, 2005.
- Wu, N. and M. C. Zhou, “Resource-Oriented Petri Nets in Deadlock Prevention and Avoidance,” in Deadlock Resolution in Computer-Integrated Systems, M. C. Zhou and M. P. Fanti (Ed.), Marcel Dekker, 349-406, 2005.
- Li, J., Y. S. Fan, and M. C. Zhou, “Workflow Management Systems: A Petri Net Approach,” Advances in Manufacturing, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management, in N. R. S. Raghavan, Y. Narahari, P. Luh and R. Akella (Eds.), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, pp. 179-193, December 2003
- Caudill, R., Zhou, M. C., Hu, J. J., Tang, Y., and Limaye, K., "Demanufacturing System Simulation and Modeling," in Mechanical Lifecycle Engineering: Good Environmental Design and Manufacturing, Marcel Dekker, NY, 2001.
- Caudill, R., Zhou, M. C., Yan, P., and Jin, J., "Multi-life Cycle Assessment: An Extension of Life Cycle Assessment," in Mechanical Lifecycle Engineering: Good Environmental Design and Manufacturing, Marcel Dekker, NY, 2001.
- Zhou, M. C. and H. Xiong, "Petri Net Modeling and Scheduling of Automated Manufacturing Systems," in Computer Aide d Design, Engineering, and Manufacturing: Systems Techniques and Applications, V ol. IV, Optimization Methods for Manufacturing, C.T. Leondes (Ed.), Gordon & Breach, Chapter 8, pp. 1-23, 2001.
- Zhou, M. C., K. Venkatesh, and H. Xiong, "Petri Nets", Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, J. G. Webster (Ed.), John-Wesley, Volume 16, 143-149, 1999.
- Zhou, M. C., A. D. Robbi, and R. Zurawski, "Discrete Event Simulation," in Handbook of Industrial Electronic Engineering, CRC Press, 1996, 694-705.
- Zurawski, R. and M. C. Zhou, "Functional and Behavioral Modeling of Automated Manufacturing Systems," in Handbook of Industrial Electronic Engineering, CRC Press, 1996, 669-676
- Venkatesh, K., M. C. Zhou and R. J. Caudill, "Discrete-Event Control Design for Manufacturing Systems via Ladder Logic Diagrams and Petri Nets: A Comparative Study," in Petri Nets in Flexible and Agile Automation, M. C. Zhou (Ed.), Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, MA, 289-332, 1995
- Zhou, M. C. and R. Zurawski, "Introduction to Petri Nets in Flexible and Agile Automation," in Petri Nets in Flexible and Agile Automation, M. C. Zhou (Ed.), Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, MA, 1-42, 1995
- Zhou, M. C. and A. D. Robbi, "Applications of Petri net methodology to manufacturing systems," in Computer Control of Manufacturing Systems, S. Joshi and G. Smith (eds.), Chapman and Hall, 307-330, 1994
- DiCesare F. and M. C. Zhou, "Symbolic performance evaluation of concurrent systems by combining Petri nets and moment generating functions," in Concurrent Engineering Techniques and Applications, C.T. Leondes (Ed.), Academic Press, 379-417, 1994.